UniPixel (UNXL) Awarded 11.6-inch Consumer Market Laptop Program
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Uni-Pixel, Inc. (NASDAQ: UNXL), a provider of advanced touch solutions to the touchscreen and flexible electronics markets, today announced it has been awarded an 11.6-inch laptop program from an existing customer directed to the consumer market. The new device will feature UniPixel's leading-edge XTouch touchscreen sensors and Diamond Guard hardcoat to maximize touchscreen responsiveness and seamlessly support the Microsoft Pen protocol. This marks the 22nd program awarded to UniPixel since the beginning of calendar 2016.
Jeff Hawthorne, president and chief executive officer of UniPixel, said, "As end user consumers are increasingly demanding high-end touchscreen and active stylus capabilities, we believe that our products squarely address the evolving needs of the consumer market. Our copper metal mesh sensors enhance touchscreen and stylus responsiveness by offering significantly lower sheet resistance than the indium tin oxide technology currently in broad adoption. The flow of design awards received to date indicates to us that the market is moving toward our technology as touchscreen and active pen continue to proliferate on their way to becoming industry standards."
Mr. Hawthorne continued, "This design win represents the 22nd total program awarded to UniPixel so far this year. Of those 22 this is the sixth consumer program awarded to UniPixel in calendar 2016. These consumer awards have the potential of larger volumes and we are pleased that our major device manufacturing customers are integrating UniPixel's XTouch and Diamond Guard technologies into their next generation devices."
Volume production for this program is expected to commence in the second quarter of calendar 2017. The announcement of this new product win, plus the programs originally acquired in the April 2015 acquisition, the others awarded this year and the one product announced late in 2015, brings to 26 the total number of computing devices for which the UniPixel touch sensor provides the touch experience and stylus writing experience in tablets, notebooks and 2-in-1 laptops.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Altisource Residential (RESI) Announces $652M Acquisition of ~4,262 Single Family Rental Homes
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS) Supportive of Altisource Residential's (RESI) Portfolio Acquisition; Offers Limited Waiver
- Depomed (DEPO) Announces Favorable Ruling on NUCYNTA Providing Market Exclusivity Until December 2025
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!