Under Armour (UA) Plans to Open First 'Brand House' Retail Store in Detroit
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is planning to open its first Brand House in Downtown Detroit early next year.
The Detroit News reported that Under Armour will open the 17,000-square-foot store in a building owned by Dan Gilbert, Quicken Loans Founder and owner of Bedrock and the Cleveland Cavilers.
Bedrock and Under Armour said in a joint statement: "Under Armour is excited to open its first Brand House in downtown Detroit in the spring of 2017 at 1201 Woodward Ave. Detroit is an ideal location for Under Armour as an icon of Americana ... Just like Under Armour’s hometown of Baltimore, Detroit is currently experiencing an unprecedented wave of momentum, and we can’t wait to be part of their exciting success story.”
The location will be just down the street from a 22,000-square-foot retail store recently opened up by Nike (NYSE: NKE).
Shares of Under Armour are indicated for a higher open Monday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Under Armour (NYSE: UA) volatility low as shares trade near 52-week low
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Decision in Texas Hip Implants Case; Will Pay $1B
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!