Under Armour (UA) Plans to Open First 'Brand House' Retail Store in Detroit
- Wall St. opens flat a day before Trump takes office
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is planning to open its first Brand House in Downtown Detroit early next year.
The Detroit News reported that Under Armour will open the 17,000-square-foot store in a building owned by Dan Gilbert, Quicken Loans Founder and owner of Bedrock and the Cleveland Cavilers.
Bedrock and Under Armour said in a joint statement: "Under Armour is excited to open its first Brand House in downtown Detroit in the spring of 2017 at 1201 Woodward Ave. Detroit is an ideal location for Under Armour as an icon of Americana ... Just like Under Armour’s hometown of Baltimore, Detroit is currently experiencing an unprecedented wave of momentum, and we can’t wait to be part of their exciting success story.”
The location will be just down the street from a 22,000-square-foot retail store recently opened up by Nike (NYSE: NKE).
Shares of Under Armour are indicated for a higher open Monday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CLSA Starts Under Armour, Inc. (UA) at Buy
- DryShips (DRYS) Plans 1-for-8 Reverse Stock Split
- Delta Technology Holdings (DELT) Surges Amid Sales Update
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!