Ultragenyx Pharma (RARE) Reports Withdrawal of MAA for Aceneuramic Acid Prolonged Release (Ace-ER) in EU
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: RARE), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel products for rare and ultra-rare diseases, today announced that is has withdrawn its conditional Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Aceneuramic Acid Prolonged Release (Ace-ER) for the treatment of adult patients with GNE Myopathy.
The conditional MAA was based on data from the company’s Phase 2 study. During the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) meeting, the CHMP indicated that the Phase 2 study was encouraging but did not provide a sufficient amount of evidence to support an approval at this time. Ultragenyx intends to obtain additional efficacy data from its fully-enrolled global phase 3 study to confirm the effects of Ace-ER, and plans to submit an MAA for full approval after data from this study are available in the second half of 2017.
“Our Phase 3 study is on track and is designed to confirm the encouraging results seen in the Phase 2 study through a larger trial with a primary endpoint and a placebo period that lasts for the full 48-week duration of the study,” said Emil D. Kakkis, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Ultragenyx. “We are committed to bringing this potential therapy to patients affected by this progressive and debilitating muscle disease.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
- GNC Holdings (GNC) Says It's Pleased with DOJ Agreement
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) to Acquire Teletronics Technology in $233M Cash Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!