US Foods (USFD) to Acquire Jeraci Foods; No Terms
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
US Foods (NYSE: USFD) today announced that it has agreed to acquire Jeraci Foods, an Italian specialty distributor based in Elmsford, New York.
Family owned since 1972, Jeraci Foods offers a complete line of authentic Italian and other imported and domestic food products to customers throughout the metro New York area. With more than $26 million in sales annually, Jeraci will enhance US Foods’ penetration in the Italian independent restaurant and pizzeria segment.
The Jeraci Foods location will remain open through the end of the year to ensure a smooth transition, after which the business will shift to the US Foods location in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
“As a family owned business Jeraci Foods has built a strong reputation for great customer service and high quality food,” said Chuck Gannon, area president, US Foods. “At US Foods, we pride ourselves on those same characteristics and look forward to bringing an even more robust product offering to Jeraci customers.”
The transactions is expected to close on October 7. Terms of the acquisitions were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- MakeMyTrip Limited (MMYT): Merger With Ibibo Game Changing - Jefferies
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!