UPDATE: Sunlink Health Systems (SSY) Halted on Second Circuit Breaker, Shares Up 158% After Subsidiary Sells Chestatee Regional Hospital
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 22, 2016 9:53 AM EDT)
Trading in Sunlink Health Systems (NYSE: SSY) was paused twice Monday morning after shares surged over 150%. On Friday after the close, the company said in a press release:
SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE:MKT: SSY) today announced that a subsidiary has sold its Chestatee Regional Hospital in Dahlonega, GA for approximately $15,000,000. The company expects to recognize an after tax gain (utilizing available net operating loss carry-forwards) of approximately $7,000,000 on the transaction which closed on August 19, 2016. A portion of the proceeds will be allotted for the payment of debt and the balance will be retained for working capital and general corporate purposes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rennova Health (RNVA) Says Genomas Subsidiary Granted Patent
- Exclusive: Lingerie maker Victoria's Secret looks to uncover supply chain issues
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!