UPDATE: Sunlink Health Systems (SSY) Halted on Second Circuit Breaker, Shares Up 158% After Subsidiary Sells Chestatee Regional Hospital
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 22, 2016 9:53 AM EDT)
Trading in Sunlink Health Systems (NYSE: SSY) was paused twice Monday morning after shares surged over 150%. On Friday after the close, the company said in a press release:
SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE:MKT: SSY) today announced that a subsidiary has sold its Chestatee Regional Hospital in Dahlonega, GA for approximately $15,000,000. The company expects to recognize an after tax gain (utilizing available net operating loss carry-forwards) of approximately $7,000,000 on the transaction which closed on August 19, 2016. A portion of the proceeds will be allotted for the payment of debt and the balance will be retained for working capital and general corporate purposes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Shares Active After Filing of Monthly Operating Report
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!