UPDATE: Kura Oncology (KURA) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Expands Enrollment in Phase 2 Trial of Tipifarnib
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 10, 2016 5:08 PM EDT)
Kura Oncology (NASDAQ: KURA) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.36), $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.37).
In the company’s Phase 2 trial of tipifarnib in HRAS mutant solid tumors, positive clinical activity, including objective responses, has been observed in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinomas and patients with salivary gland cancer. Based on these responses, enrollment will be expanded to an additional seven patients.
“We are encouraged by the promising activity observed in patients with HRAS mutant solid tumors that supports the potential use of tipifarnib as a single agent to inhibit HRAS-mediated activation of the MAPK pathway to produce therapeutic responses,” said Troy Wilson, Ph.D., J.D., President and CEO of Kura Oncology. “There are currently no approved treatments that specifically target HRAS mutations, and the activity we have seen in patients with HRAS mutant head and neck squamous cell carcinomas is particularly exciting. I am pleased with Kura’s progress to date in 2016 and look forward to providing additional updates on our ongoing activities as the year continues to unfold.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kura Oncology (KURA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!