UPDATE: IBM (IBM), Workday (WDAY) Enter Cloud-Focused Strategic Partnership
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 15, 2016 9:28 AM EDT)
IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced Workday has adopted the IBM Cloud as part of a multi-year strategic partnership. IBM Cloud will become the foundation for Workday's development and testing environment providing Workday with greater efficiency, flexibility, and global scale.
As IBM Cloud becomes the primary platform for Workday's development and testing, Workday will continue accelerating the pace of innovation for its applications and services. IBM Cloud will also provide important capacity expansion in support of Workday's growing development and testing requirements.
"IBM and Workday are both delivering transformative applications and services in the cloud," said Aneel Bhusri, Co-Founder and CEO, Workday. "Workday will use IBM Cloud to continue accelerating Workday's internal development and testing efforts to support our ongoing global expansion."
"Leading enterprises like Workday continue to turn to IBM Cloud for its global reach, flexibility, and resiliency," said Robert LeBlanc, Senior Vice President, IBM Cloud. "Through a preferred cloud partnership with IBM, Workday can accelerate its innovation efforts to better serve clients around the world."
IBM's global cloud data center presence includes nearly 50 highly scalable and security-rich IBM Cloud datacenters in 17 countries on six continents. The company delivers enterprise cloud services ranging from analytics and Watson to Blockchain and Internet of Things to provide clients with more choice and flexibility in their digital transformation.
Workday intends to expand the use of IBM Cloud over time beyond development and testing. Today's announcement builds on the IBM and Workday partnership, which includes IBM's global Workday Consulting Services, the 2015 acquisition of Meteorix–a leading Workday services partner–and IBM's own use of Workday Human Capital Management for its global workforce.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!