UPDATE: IBM (IBM), Workday (WDAY) Enter Cloud-Focused Strategic Partnership
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - August 15, 2016 9:28 AM EDT)
IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced Workday has adopted the IBM Cloud as part of a multi-year strategic partnership. IBM Cloud will become the foundation for Workday's development and testing environment providing Workday with greater efficiency, flexibility, and global scale.
As IBM Cloud becomes the primary platform for Workday's development and testing, Workday will continue accelerating the pace of innovation for its applications and services. IBM Cloud will also provide important capacity expansion in support of Workday's growing development and testing requirements.
"IBM and Workday are both delivering transformative applications and services in the cloud," said Aneel Bhusri, Co-Founder and CEO, Workday. "Workday will use IBM Cloud to continue accelerating Workday's internal development and testing efforts to support our ongoing global expansion."
"Leading enterprises like Workday continue to turn to IBM Cloud for its global reach, flexibility, and resiliency," said Robert LeBlanc, Senior Vice President, IBM Cloud. "Through a preferred cloud partnership with IBM, Workday can accelerate its innovation efforts to better serve clients around the world."
IBM's global cloud data center presence includes nearly 50 highly scalable and security-rich IBM Cloud datacenters in 17 countries on six continents. The company delivers enterprise cloud services ranging from analytics and Watson to Blockchain and Internet of Things to provide clients with more choice and flexibility in their digital transformation.
Workday intends to expand the use of IBM Cloud over time beyond development and testing. Today's announcement builds on the IBM and Workday partnership, which includes IBM's global Workday Consulting Services, the 2015 acquisition of Meteorix–a leading Workday services partner–and IBM's own use of Workday Human Capital Management for its global workforce.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- IBM (IBM) PT Raised to $144 at Barclays, Says Funamentals Starting To Stablize In Midst Of Persistent Headwinds
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!