UPDATE: Ford Motor (F) U.S. Light-Vehicle Sales Fell 8.8% in August, Missing Estimates
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 1, 2016 9:18 AM EDT)
Lincoln sales rose 7 percent in the U.S. in August versus a year ago with 9,243 vehicles sold, while Ford Motor Company vans reached best-ever August sales with 20,355 vehicles sold. Overall U.S. company sales totaled 214,482 vehicles, an 8 percent decline.
Retail sales totaled 168,543 vehicles for the month – an 8 percent decrease. Fleet sales of 45,939 vehicles, including daily rental, commercial and government segments, were down 10 percent.
(NOTE: Ford Brand sales fell 8.8 percent, versus a drop of 8.2 percent expected by analysts.)
Lincoln’s retail sales grew 10 percent, thanks to a 55 percent retail increase in Lincoln MKX sales and an 8 percent uptick in MKZ retail sales.
“Strong sales of high-end Lincoln vehicles and Ford SUVs also helped us continue outpacing the industry in average transaction pricing, which increased $1,200 versus a year ago,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Vans continue to be a bright spot for Ford – a consistent growth story for us this year.”
August’s record van sales were up 13 percent versus a year ago, driven largely by Ford Transit gaining 17 percent, with 11,993 vehicles sold.
Total truck sales were down 2 percent, with 88,372 vehicles sold. Ford F-Series sales of 66,946 trucks mark a 6 percent decline – and F-Series’ best retail month of the year.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY AUGUST 2016 U.S. SALES
|SALES BY BRAND|
|SALES BY TYPE|
|Police Interceptor Sedan||883||603||46.4||6,413||6,532||-1.8|
|Police Interceptor Utility||2,686||2,013||33.4||22,033||16,933||30.1|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Ford Motor (F) Light-Vehicle Sales Rose 5.1% in November 2016, Topping Expectations
- Ford recalls 680,000 vehicles including Fusion, MKZ
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!