Tyco International (TYC) Receives Shareholder Approval for Johnson Controls Merger
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Tyco International plc (NYSE: TYC) announced that its shareholders approved all matters related to the proposed merger with Johnson Controls at an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders held today in Dublin.
Johnson Controls shareholders also voted to approve the merger at a special general meeting in Dallas today.
"We are excited about combining the vast capabilities of Johnson Controls and Tyco to help customers improve their safety, performance and operations," said Tyco Chief Executive Officer George R. Oliver. "I would also like to thank our shareholders for their confidence and investment in the company over the years and for their support of our vision with their approval of this merger."
The merger is expected to be completed on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- European Commission Opens Investigation into Proposed Acquisition of Syngenta (SYT) by ChemChina
- AMD (AMD) Shares on Watch as M&A Rumor Source Questioned (ORCL)
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides Q4, FY16 Inline with Views; Updates on Separation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!