Tyco International (TYC) Receives Shareholder Approval for Johnson Controls Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Tyco International plc (NYSE: TYC) announced that its shareholders approved all matters related to the proposed merger with Johnson Controls at an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders held today in Dublin.
Johnson Controls shareholders also voted to approve the merger at a special general meeting in Dallas today.
"We are excited about combining the vast capabilities of Johnson Controls and Tyco to help customers improve their safety, performance and operations," said Tyco Chief Executive Officer George R. Oliver. "I would also like to thank our shareholders for their confidence and investment in the company over the years and for their support of our vision with their approval of this merger."
The merger is expected to be completed on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!