Tyco International (TYC) Receives Shareholder Approval for Johnson Controls Merger
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tyco International plc (NYSE: TYC) announced that its shareholders approved all matters related to the proposed merger with Johnson Controls at an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders held today in Dublin.
Johnson Controls shareholders also voted to approve the merger at a special general meeting in Dallas today.
"We are excited about combining the vast capabilities of Johnson Controls and Tyco to help customers improve their safety, performance and operations," said Tyco Chief Executive Officer George R. Oliver. "I would also like to thank our shareholders for their confidence and investment in the company over the years and for their support of our vision with their approval of this merger."
The merger is expected to be completed on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) Issues Q4 Profit Warning
- AEP Industries (AEPI) Shareholders Vote in Favor of Berry Plastics (BERY) Merger Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!