Tyco International (TYC) Receives Shareholder Approval for Johnson Controls Merger
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Tyco International plc (NYSE: TYC) announced that its shareholders approved all matters related to the proposed merger with Johnson Controls at an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders held today in Dublin.
Johnson Controls shareholders also voted to approve the merger at a special general meeting in Dallas today.
"We are excited about combining the vast capabilities of Johnson Controls and Tyco to help customers improve their safety, performance and operations," said Tyco Chief Executive Officer George R. Oliver. "I would also like to thank our shareholders for their confidence and investment in the company over the years and for their support of our vision with their approval of this merger."
The merger is expected to be completed on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Won't Bid for Viacom (VIAB)
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- SS&C Technologies (SSNC) Enters Agreement to Acquire CRM Solutions Provider Salentica
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesLazard, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!