Twitter (TWTR) Launches Apps on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) announced the launch of a new Twitter app for Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Microsoft's Xbox One, which will allow anyone with these devices to consume the best of Twitter.
The free apps will feature all live streaming video available on Twitter (including live streams of 10 NFL Thursday Night Football games, as well as content from MLB Advanced Media, NBA, Pac 12 Networks, Campus Insiders, Cheddar and Bloomberg News), and other Twitter content such as top Tweets and top global Vines and Periscopes. Anyone with these devices, regardless of whether they have a Twitter account or a pay TV subscription, can enjoy this experience.
Exclusively on Apple TV, viewers can enjoy live premium video and check out Tweeted video clips through a seamless side-by-side video experience.
"These devices will bring Twitter's live streaming video experience to life on the TV screen," said Anthony Noto, chief financial officer at Twitter. "Twitter has always been a great complement to TV, and now fans can enjoy even more premium video with live Tweets — and the best content on Twitter — right from their TVs. We're excited to introduce this new experience to people, without requiring a paywall or having to log in to Twitter."
Availability These free apps will become available in select markets around the world, starting today. Twitter for Apple TV is available globally via the App Store for Apple TV (4th generation). Twitter on Xbox One will be available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Twitter for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are available in the United States and the United Kingdom. Visit relevant app stores to access. People do not need a Twitter account or a cable or satellite subscription to access the HD streams.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pacific Crest Resumes Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) at Sector Weight
- Boeing Responds to IAM Filing Second Petition to Unionize Boeing South Carolina
- Canon Business Process Services Offers On-Demand Webcast and White Paper on Robotic Process Automation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!