Twitter (TWTR) Enters Live Streaming Partnership with The Game Awards
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) announced it partnered with The Game Awards to live stream The Game Awards 2016, the first awards show to be streamed live on the platform. Produced and hosted by media entrepreneur Geoff Keighley, The Game Awards is an annual awards ceremony that unites video game industry creators, eSports champions, influencers and Hollywood names for a night of awards, exclusive game world premieres and musical performances.
Twitter will live stream The Game Awards 2016 at 5:30pm PST on December 1, 2016, in its entirety, free of charge, available worldwide to Twitter's logged-in and logged-out audience on Twitter and connected devices.
"Twitter is where gamers and awards show enthusiasts go to see and discuss what's happening," said Anthony Noto, Twitter's Chief Financial Officer. "The Game Awards 2016 on Twitter will bring together the live conversation and live broadcast of the gaming industry's biggest night all on one screen."
"We're excited to partner with Twitter to have The Game Awards 2016 be the first awards show to stream live on the platform," said Geoff Keighley, founder and Executive Producer of The Game Awards. "The Game Awards conversation already unfolds on Twitter. This unique partnership brings that commentary and the full live show broadcast together in one place on Twitter around the world."
The Game Awards will be the first awards show live streamed on Twitter, creating a unified experience for viewers to watch, Tweet and view commentary on gaming's biggest night. Live Twitter comments on breaking news and the results of Twitter user polls will be integrated into the broadcast as well.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Biogen (BIIB), AbbVie (ABBV) Receive Health Canada Approve for Once-Monthly Zinbryata
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!