Twitter (TWTR) Enters Live Streaming Partnership with The Game Awards
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) announced it partnered with The Game Awards to live stream The Game Awards 2016, the first awards show to be streamed live on the platform. Produced and hosted by media entrepreneur Geoff Keighley, The Game Awards is an annual awards ceremony that unites video game industry creators, eSports champions, influencers and Hollywood names for a night of awards, exclusive game world premieres and musical performances.
Twitter will live stream The Game Awards 2016 at 5:30pm PST on December 1, 2016, in its entirety, free of charge, available worldwide to Twitter's logged-in and logged-out audience on Twitter and connected devices.
"Twitter is where gamers and awards show enthusiasts go to see and discuss what's happening," said Anthony Noto, Twitter's Chief Financial Officer. "The Game Awards 2016 on Twitter will bring together the live conversation and live broadcast of the gaming industry's biggest night all on one screen."
"We're excited to partner with Twitter to have The Game Awards 2016 be the first awards show to stream live on the platform," said Geoff Keighley, founder and Executive Producer of The Game Awards. "The Game Awards conversation already unfolds on Twitter. This unique partnership brings that commentary and the full live show broadcast together in one place on Twitter around the world."
The Game Awards will be the first awards show live streamed on Twitter, creating a unified experience for viewers to watch, Tweet and view commentary on gaming's biggest night. Live Twitter comments on breaking news and the results of Twitter user polls will be integrated into the broadcast as well.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Acquires Yes Inc and Names Keith Coleman VP of Product
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
- Engility Holdings (EGL) Awarded $16.8M VA Contract
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!