Twitter (TWTR), Bloomberg Media Enter Deal for Live Streaming of U.S. Presidential Debates
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) and Bloomberg Media announced a partnership to stream Bloomberg Television's live broadcast of the 2016 U.S. Presidential and Vice Presidential debates on Twitter. The agreement is an expansion of the partnership Twitter and Bloomberg Media announced in July to stream select Bloomberg Television programs.
Twitter will stream Bloomberg Television's live broadcast of the scheduled U.S. Presidential and Vice Presidential debates, beginning on Monday, September 26th. The stream will also include special Bloomberg Politics programming thirty minutes before and after each debate, which will be led by Bloomberg Politics Managing Editors Mark Halperin and John Heilemann. Additional Bloomberg Politics talent, reporting, and expert analysis will contribute to the coverage.
"Twitter is where the 2016 presidential election is happening every single day," said Anthony Noto, Twitter's chief financial officer. "Livestreaming the debates with Bloomberg combined with the live commentary and conversation on Twitter will create a one-screen experience at the center of the action unlike any other."
"We are thrilled to extend our partnership with Twitter to include our coverage of the U.S. presidential debates during this unprecedented and remarkable U.S. election," said Bloomberg Media CEO Justin B. Smith. "Bloomberg's non-partisan political coverage stands out from the crowd for its independence and quality. By leveraging the power of Twitter's enormous real-time platform for reaction and analysis, this partnership will provide viewers the opportunity to watch and interact with the news coming from this fall's debates as they happen live on smartphones, computers and TVs."
The stream will be available globally at debates.twitter.com, in Twitter Moments or on @bpolitics. Bloomberg is Twitter's exclusive streaming partner for the debates.
- Monday, September 26th, First Presidential Debate
- Tuesday, October 4th, Vice Presidential Debate
- Sunday, October 9th, Second Presidential Debate
- Wednesday, October 19th, Third Presidential Debate
Additional Bloomberg Politics' debate coverage will include special editions of "With All Due Respect" (5-6 PM ET) shot live on location and hosted by Halperin and Heilemann, as well as a number of short-form digital videos. Bloomberg Media is the consumer-facing media organization of Bloomberg LP – the world's leading multi-platform media company for business and finance. Bloomberg Media draws on 2,400 journalists in more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries and delivers news across digital, TV, radio, print magazines and live events. Bloomberg Television is available in more than 360 million households worldwide and across more than 70 countries, and is streamed live on the company's digital and mobile properties. Bloomberg TV and Radio have the highest median household and personal incomes of all measured broadcasters according to the 2015 Ipsos Affluent Survey.
In total, Tweets sent during both the first Democratic and Republican primary debates in 2016 received over one billion impressions, and over half of all Tweets sent about the 2016 election are from people 25 years old and younger. There were ten million Tweets sent during the first U.S. Presidential debate of the 2012 election cycle, which was the most watched U.S. Presidential debate in history.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pacific Crest Resumes Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) at Sector Weight
- Canon Business Process Services Offers On-Demand Webcast and White Paper on Robotic Process Automation
- ChemoCentryx, Inc. (Nasdaq: CCXI) to Ring The Nasdaq Stock Market Closing Bell Remotely from the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center in San Francisco
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!