Twilio (TWLO) Debuts New Enterprise Plan; Will Focus on Security, Administration
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Twilio Inc. (NYSE: TWLO) announced new capabilities designed to support the unique security, access management and administration requirements of enterprises building cloud communications solutions. The Twilio Enterprise Plan provides developers and businesses with advanced features, including Single Sign-On and Role-Based Access Control, as well as segmentation for billing and platform usage. Enterprises interested in taking advantage of the new capabilities can learn more by visiting http://twilio.com/enterprise.
Developers in enterprises want to operate with the same agility as smaller startups, but are often slowed down by strict security, compliance and procurement requirements. The Twilio Enterprise Plan addresses these unique needs with features such as:
- Single Sign-On (SSO): SAML-based SSO is a simpler and more secure solution for IT departments managing employee access to Twilio. Employees benefit from a more convenient and consistent mechanism to log in to Twilio, while IT departments can use their existing identity management system to grant and revoke access and credentials.
- Customizable Role-Based Access Control (RBAC): The customizable RBAC included with the Twilio Enterprise Plan enables the creation of roles and permissions specific to a company's use of Twilio. Additionally, Directory Service integration allows users and privileges to be synchronized via the existing tools that organizations use to manage permissions across all of their applications.
- Auditing: Fully-managed changelog and a SIEM-capable API enable compliance personnel to stay informed of important security-sensitive actions, such as password updates. With auditing capabilities, Twilio Enterprise Plan customers can track exactly what was changed, at what time, and who performed the change.
- Public Key Client Validation: With Public Key Client Validation, Twilio Enterprise customers can upload their server's public key to Twilio. This public key is used to validate that every REST API request is coming from an approved business application, further safeguarding against service disruption or fraudulent activity.
- Segmented Billing and Usage: The Twilio Enterprise Plan includes an account segmentation capability that allows usage and billing data to be structured in a way that maps to a business's organizational makeup. These features simplify monitoring by separating logs, and help finance teams accurately attribute expenses on a business unit level without the need for intercompany reconciliation.
"Enterprises have to balance the desire to be more agile and innovative with the need for more stringent security and controls," said Jeff Lawson, Twilio CEO and co-founder. "With the Twilio Enterprise Plan, enterprises are free to innovate at the speed of startups while ensuring compliance with their more rigorous policies. We can't wait to see what they build."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!