Twilio (TWLO) Debuts New Enterprise Plan; Will Focus on Security, Administration
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Twilio Inc. (NYSE: TWLO) announced new capabilities designed to support the unique security, access management and administration requirements of enterprises building cloud communications solutions. The Twilio Enterprise Plan provides developers and businesses with advanced features, including Single Sign-On and Role-Based Access Control, as well as segmentation for billing and platform usage. Enterprises interested in taking advantage of the new capabilities can learn more by visiting http://twilio.com/enterprise.
Developers in enterprises want to operate with the same agility as smaller startups, but are often slowed down by strict security, compliance and procurement requirements. The Twilio Enterprise Plan addresses these unique needs with features such as:
- Single Sign-On (SSO): SAML-based SSO is a simpler and more secure solution for IT departments managing employee access to Twilio. Employees benefit from a more convenient and consistent mechanism to log in to Twilio, while IT departments can use their existing identity management system to grant and revoke access and credentials.
- Customizable Role-Based Access Control (RBAC): The customizable RBAC included with the Twilio Enterprise Plan enables the creation of roles and permissions specific to a company's use of Twilio. Additionally, Directory Service integration allows users and privileges to be synchronized via the existing tools that organizations use to manage permissions across all of their applications.
- Auditing: Fully-managed changelog and a SIEM-capable API enable compliance personnel to stay informed of important security-sensitive actions, such as password updates. With auditing capabilities, Twilio Enterprise Plan customers can track exactly what was changed, at what time, and who performed the change.
- Public Key Client Validation: With Public Key Client Validation, Twilio Enterprise customers can upload their server's public key to Twilio. This public key is used to validate that every REST API request is coming from an approved business application, further safeguarding against service disruption or fraudulent activity.
- Segmented Billing and Usage: The Twilio Enterprise Plan includes an account segmentation capability that allows usage and billing data to be structured in a way that maps to a business's organizational makeup. These features simplify monitoring by separating logs, and help finance teams accurately attribute expenses on a business unit level without the need for intercompany reconciliation.
"Enterprises have to balance the desire to be more agile and innovative with the need for more stringent security and controls," said Jeff Lawson, Twilio CEO and co-founder. "With the Twilio Enterprise Plan, enterprises are free to innovate at the speed of startups while ensuring compliance with their more rigorous policies. We can't wait to see what they build."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- PG&E Submits $250M Proposal in Support of Electric Vehicles in California (PCG)
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!