Trillium Therapeutics (TRIL) Presents Data on TTI-621 in Blocking CD47 'Do Not Eat' Signal
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ: TRIL) presents data on TTI-621 (SIRPαFc) in blocking CD47 "do not eat" signal today. Key points from the presentation (which is embedded below):
- CD47 binds to SIRPo on the surface of macrophages and delivers a "do not eat" signal to suppress phagocytosis
- Tumor cells frequently overexpress CD47 and exploit this pathway to evade macrophage-mediated destruction
- Blocking CD47 using TTI-621, a soluble SIRPαFc decoy receptor fused to a human IgG1, neutralizes the suppressive effects of CD47 and triggers macrophage-mediated phagocytosis of tumor cells in vitro, and effectively controls tumor growth in vivo
- In this study we have investigated whether TTI-621-mediated phagocytosis results in augmented T cell responses
- To evaluate the T cell response to a model tumor antigen, Jurkat (a human leukemia cell line) was stably transfected with a construct containing the human cytomegalovirus phosphoprotein pp65 (CMVJurkat)
- Macrophages that had phagocytosed CMV-Jurkat in the presence of TTI-621 were assessed for their ability to present tumor antigen and subsequently trigger tumor-specific autologous CD8+ T cell responses
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trillium Therapeutics (TRIL) Announces Presentation of Initial TTI-621 Data in AMMs
- Celldex (CLDX) Announces Presentation of Encouraging CDX-1140 Data in Hematologic and Solid Malignancies
- Celgene (CELG), Acceleron (XLRN) Present Encouraging Sotatercept Phase 2 Data in Myelofibrosis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!