Transocean (RIG) Says Reliance Terminates Discoverer India Contract
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) announced today that Reliance Industries Ltd. (Reliance) has elected to exercise its contractual option to terminate the contract for the ultra-deepwater drillship Discoverer India, effective December 2016, prior to its expiration in January 2021. In accordance with the contract, Transocean will be compensated by Reliance and its partners for the early termination through a lump-sum payment of approximately $160 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Transocean (RIG) Announces Transocean Partners Shareholder Approval of Proposed Merger
- Bunge Limited (BG) Names Thomas Boehlert CFO
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!