TransDigm Group (TDG) Announces Acquisition of Young & Franklin
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TransDigm Group Incorporated (NYSE: TDG) announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Young & Franklin Inc. ("Young & Franklin") and its subsidiaries, including Tactair Fluid Controls Inc. ("Tactair" and collectively with Young & Franklin, the "Company").
The Company manufactures proprietary, highly engineered valves and actuators. Revenues are anticipated to be about $75 million for the fiscal year ending December 2016 with aftermarket comprising approximately 70% of the revenue. Nearly 100% of the revenues are from proprietary products and about 70% of the revenue is aerospace related. The balance is sold to the industrial gas turbine market. The Company is located in Liverpool, New York.
Major platforms include Embraer's E2, Phenom 300 and Legacy 450/500 programs; Bombardier's Challenger and Global programs; Mitsubishi MRJ; Lockheed C130J; Bell UH1; and various GE, Solar and other industrial turbine applications.
W. Nicholas Howley, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of TransDigm, stated, "Both Tactair and Young & Franklin are long standing manufacturers of proprietary products with established positions, strong aftermarket content and an outstanding reputation based on product excellence. The highly engineered products will allow us to expand our content on a number of substantial platforms. The Company fits well with our consistent product and acquisition strategy. As with all TransDigm acquisitions, we see opportunities for significant value creation."
The acquisition, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions, is expected to close in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016.
Baker & Hostetler LLP acted as legal advisor to TransDigm. Houlihan Lokey served as financial advisor and Paul Hastings LLP acted as legal advisor to Young & Franklin.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Humana (HUM) volatility increases after report of merger with Aetna (AET) blocked by judge
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. (IEP) Closes Acquisition of Federal-Mogul (FDML)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!