TransCanada's (TRP) Pipeline Company Files Settlement with FERC Over Section 4 Rate Case
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TransCanada Corporation (NYSE: TRP) (TransCanada) announced that its ANR Pipeline Company filed a comprehensive settlement of its current Natural Gas Act Section 4 rate case with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). The settlement, which was supported or unopposed by all parties, settles all issues in its general rate case.
New settlement rates are effective August 1, 2016, subject to ultimate approval of the settlement by FERC. Under the settlement, ANR's general transportation rates increase by 34.8 percent over previous rates, while storage rates remain essentially unchanged. ANR will retain its seven-zone rate system.
In addition, the settlement includes a three year, US$837 million capital maintenance program to enhance the efficiency, reliability and safety of ANR's system.
"TransCanada and ANR appreciate the efforts of the parties and FERC staff to reach this comprehensive agreement and avoid costly, time-consuming litigation," said Stan Chapman, TransCanada senior vice president and general manager, U.S. Natural Gas Pipelines. "This settlement is particularly important given ANR's role in the market, serving some of the most prolific natural gas producing regions and some of the largest consuming markets in the United States.
"The parties were able to reach agreement on revised rates that reflect the ongoing costs of operating a safe and reliable pipeline as well as new costs and mandates that were not in effect when ANR's rates were last adjusted more than 20 years ago," Chapman said. "I am very proud of the effort that went into achieving this important milestone for ANR and its customers."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Vascular Solutions' (VASC) Fluent Inflation Device Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
- NuStar (NS) Announces Agreement to Acquire Crude Oil and Refined Product Terminal Assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!