Tonix Pharmaceuticals (TNXP) on Watch Following Presentation of TNX-102 SL Data in PTSD
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Tonix Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: TNXP) shares are on watch Monday after the company presented efficacy results of a retrospective analysis of TNX-102 SL (cyclobenzaprine HCl sublingual tablets) for the treatment of military-related PTSD in a poster at CNS Summit 2016 being held October 27-30, 2016 in Boca Raton, Florida.
The following summary was offered by the company:
- The At Ease study is one of the first pharmacotherapy trials to employ the latest version of the CAPS, which is based on the definition of PTSD in the DSM-5. The analyses described herein demonstrated that a CAPS-5 severity score of .33 for study inclusion is more comparable to the severity threshold used in past registration trials of the approved PTSD pharmacotherapies.
- Retrospective analysis of the At Ease sample using this .33 threshold for entry demonstrated substantially larger effect sizes, compared with .29, of the TNX-102 SL 5.6mg on total CAPS-5 (0.53v.0.36)and the Arousal & Reactivity (0.52v.0.35), Intrusion (0.46v.0.26), and Mood/Cognitions (0.39v.0.35) clusters
- The CAPS-5 severity score of .33 was determined to be appropriate for inclusion in planned Phase 3 testing of TNX-102 SL 5.6mg in PTSD
- Overall TNX-102SL was well tolerated. Oral hypoesthesia (ortonguenumbness) was most common, generally transient, and never rated as severe.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cellceutix Corporation (CTIX) Commences Second Cohort of Brilacidin Phase 2 in IBD
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) Updates on Hypogonadism AdCom Meeting; Panel Suggests Additional Endpoint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!