TiVo (TIVO) Says Rovi Renewed IP Licenses with Panasonic
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TiVo Corporation (Nasdaq: TIVO) announced that Rovi Corporation, a TiVo Company, renewed its product and intellectual property (IP) licenses with Panasonic Corporation, one of the world’s top consumer electronics (CE) manufacturers. Panasonic signed a multi-year extension of the company’s products for the Japan market, including G-Guide, G-Guide HTML and G-Guide xD, enabling Panasonic to continue providing advanced entertainment discovery experiences across its TV, DVR and set-top box products. Additionally, Panasonic signed a multi-year worldwide license renewal to the entertainment discovery patent portfolio of Rovi.
“Our continued collaboration with Panasonic further reinforces the need for technologies and solutions to power next-gen entertainment services while enhancing the overall user experience,” said Michael Hawkey, senior vice president and general manager of user experience, TiVo. “Our innovative products help companies like Panasonic deliver seamless navigation experiences that help users find the content they want to watch no matter where they are or what device they are watching from.”
The TiVo companies have spent decades investing in research and development to generate some of the most valuable intellectual property in the media and entertainment industry. TiVo’s commitment to innovation empowers it to deliver products that touch practically every aspect of consumers’ day-to-day interaction with their entertainment, and helps IP portfolio licensees build customized, next-generation digital entertainment solutions for users around the globe.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
- Salem Media Group (SALM) Acquires ChristianConcertAlerts.com
- UniPixel (UNXL) Reports MOU for Strategic Partnership with General Interface Solution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!