TiVo (TIVO), Netflix (NFLX) Enter Additional Product, IP Licensing Agreements
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Unprecedented Product Partnership
A product agreement calls for TiVo to continue integrating Netflix into TiVo set-top boxes available to consumers through a select, but growing number of pay-TV providers and retail stores. Customers will benefit from the integrated offering, which includes unified search across the content catalog and a Netflix button on remote controls.
“The partnership between Netflix and TiVo dates back to our early days of streaming video,” said Bill Holmes, Netflix global head of business development. “Building on this history, the agreements provide consumers freedom to watch their favorite TV shows and movies whenever and wherever, with an integrated experience across more devices.”
Delivering a Better Entertainment Experience to OTT with Patented Technologies
A separate intellectual property agreement provides Netflix a license to the TiVo patent portfolios and a license to the Intellectual Ventures patent portfolio for over-the-top offerings. This agreement represents one of the first licenses granted under the exclusive partnership with Intellectual Ventures announced earlier this year.
“Our agreements with Netflix represent a major milestone for TiVo as we expand our offerings for the fast-growing OTT space, and further demonstrates our commitment to delivering innovative technologies to new and emerging markets,” said Tom Carson, CEO, TiVo. “From products to patented technologies, TiVo is helping companies quickly adapt to a rapidly changing media industry and create beautiful user experiences that keep consumers connected to their favorite entertainment.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!