Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Announces Completion of FEI Company (FEIC) Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) announced that it has completed its acquisition of FEI Company, Inc. (Nasdaq: FEIC), the leader in high-performance electron microscopy, for $107.50 per share in cash, or a total purchase price of approximately $4.2 billion. The completion of the transaction follows the receipt of all required regulatory approvals. The business will become part of Thermo Fisher’s Analytical Instruments Segment.
“We are pleased to complete this transaction and officially welcome our new colleagues from FEI to Thermo Fisher,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “With FEI’s leading electron microscopy platform, we’re now in an even stronger position to help our life sciences customers accelerate advancements in structural biology. FEI’s products also create new opportunities for us to serve customers in materials science markets that increasingly rely on nanotechnologies. FEI is an outstanding strategic fit with our Analytical Instruments business and we will create significant value for our customers by leveraging our global scale and commercial reach to extend the use of these technologies. For our shareholders, we expect to deliver immediate earnings accretion and synergies.”
As previously communicated, the company expects to realize total synergies of approximately $80 million by year three following the close, consisting of approximately $55 million of cost synergies and approximately $25 million of adjusted operating income1 benefit from revenue-related synergies. Thermo Fisher continues to expect the transaction to be accretive to adjusted earnings per share1 by $0.30 in the first full year after close.
Thermo Fisher will update its 2016 annual guidance to reflect the addition of FEI during its third quarter earnings call on October 27, 2016.
As a result of the completion of this transaction, FEI stock will cease trading and will no longer be listed on The NASDAQ Global Select Market.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Morgan Stanley, Citi plan Brexit job moves: sources
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!