TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Reports FDA Acceptance of Yuvvexy NDA
- Wall Street climbs as consumer and tech stocks lead
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- Cintas Corp. (CTAS) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views
- Oil down 3 percent as Saudi, Iran dash hopes for an Algiers deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TherapeuticsMD, Inc. (NYSE: TXMD), an innovative women’s healthcare company, today announced the acceptance of the NDA for Yuvvexy, the conditionally-approved trade name for TX-004HR, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Yuvvexy is an investigational bio-identical 17β-estradiol vaginal softgel capsule for the treatment of moderate-to-severe vaginal pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), a symptom of vulvar vaginal atrophy (VVA) in postmenopausal women.
The NDA acceptance by the FDA in its 74-day letter indicates that the application is sufficiently complete to permit a substantive review. The PDUFA target action date for the completion of the FDA's review is May 7, 2017.
“The acceptance of the NDA for Yuvvexy is an important milestone for TherapeuticsMD as we pursue our goal to provide women with novel healthcare solutions that address their needs throughout life,” said TherapeuticsMD CEO Robert G. Finizio. “If approved, Yuvvexy has the potential to be a highly differentiated treatment option for the 32 million postmenopausal women in the United States who suffer from symptoms of VVA. Yuvvexy is the first product candidate from our pipeline of novel hormone therapies in development to address women’s unmet health needs.”
The 505(b)(2) NDA submission for Yuvvexy is supported by the complete Yuvvexy clinical program, including positive results of the phase 3 Rejoice Trial, which evaluated the effect of three doses of Yuvvexy (4 mcg, 10 mcg and 25 mcg) compared to placebo from baseline to week 12. The results demonstrated statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvements in dyspareunia, a co-primary endpoint, and vaginal dryness, a secondary endpoint. Statistically significant results were seen as early as two weeks of treatment. The NDA includes all three doses of Yuvvexy that were evaluated in the Rejoice Trial.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coherus BioSciences (CHRS) Regains All CHS-0214 Development and Commercial Rights from Shire (SHPG)
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Announces FDA Clearance for Its Solana Influenza A+B Assay
- Kitov Pharma (KTOV) Announces Positive Results for Additional KIT-302 Pharmacokinetic BE Study
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!