TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Reports FDA Acceptance of Yuvvexy NDA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TherapeuticsMD, Inc. (NYSE: TXMD), an innovative women’s healthcare company, today announced the acceptance of the NDA for Yuvvexy, the conditionally-approved trade name for TX-004HR, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Yuvvexy is an investigational bio-identical 17β-estradiol vaginal softgel capsule for the treatment of moderate-to-severe vaginal pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia), a symptom of vulvar vaginal atrophy (VVA) in postmenopausal women.
The NDA acceptance by the FDA in its 74-day letter indicates that the application is sufficiently complete to permit a substantive review. The PDUFA target action date for the completion of the FDA's review is May 7, 2017.
“The acceptance of the NDA for Yuvvexy is an important milestone for TherapeuticsMD as we pursue our goal to provide women with novel healthcare solutions that address their needs throughout life,” said TherapeuticsMD CEO Robert G. Finizio. “If approved, Yuvvexy has the potential to be a highly differentiated treatment option for the 32 million postmenopausal women in the United States who suffer from symptoms of VVA. Yuvvexy is the first product candidate from our pipeline of novel hormone therapies in development to address women’s unmet health needs.”
The 505(b)(2) NDA submission for Yuvvexy is supported by the complete Yuvvexy clinical program, including positive results of the phase 3 Rejoice Trial, which evaluated the effect of three doses of Yuvvexy (4 mcg, 10 mcg and 25 mcg) compared to placebo from baseline to week 12. The results demonstrated statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvements in dyspareunia, a co-primary endpoint, and vaginal dryness, a secondary endpoint. Statistically significant results were seen as early as two weeks of treatment. The NDA includes all three doses of Yuvvexy that were evaluated in the Rejoice Trial.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- NeuroDerm (NDRM) Announces Top-Line Data from ND0701 PK Trial; Results Comparable to Reference Drug
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!