TheStreet, Inc. (TST) Names New Chief Investment Strategist
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST) announced that Jack Mohr has been promoted to Chief Investment Strategist. In this role, Mohr will manage, monitor and provide premium investment analysis for TheStreet while continuing to co-manage Jim Cramer's Charitable Trust, Action Alerts Plus.
Mohr's investment philosophy mirrors that of TheStreet: build wealth over the long term by investing with discipline, patience and thoughtfulness; think of companies first, stocks second in choosing investments; and practice self-awareness to help avoid psychological traps inherent to investing – humility over hubris, conviction amidst panic, and prudence amidst greed.
Jim Cramer commented, "Jack's knowledge of the market and his insight into market trends is extraordinary. His unique ability to communicate his analysis and investment ideas sets him apart; his contributions will be critical as we continue to build and enhance our subscription business."
Prior to joining TheStreet, Mohr worked as an equity research analyst on the top ranked retail team at Barclays, and he began his career in Barclays' equity trading division. Jack holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Georgetown University where he served on the Board of Directors as Treasurer of the $17 million Georgetown University Federal Credit Union. He has been featured on CNBC, ABC News, Fox Business, CBS News, CNN and many other media outlets.
"It is a privilege to work with Jim Cramer and TheStreet," said Jack. "I am excited to be part of the company's commitment to deliver top financial news and analysis to the investing community."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJim Cramer, Barclays
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!