The Priceline Group (PCLN) Tops Q3 EPS by $1.86, Takes $941M Impairment Charge on OpenTable
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) reported Q3 EPS of $31.18, $1.86 better than the analyst estimate of $29.32. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.69 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.62 billion.
- Net income in the 3rd quarter was $506 million, a 58% decrease versus the prior year. Net income was $10.13 per diluted share, a 57% decrease as compared to the prior year. Net income and net income per diluted share for the 3rd quarter were negatively impacted by a non-cash charge of $941 million relating to an impairment of OpenTable's goodwill.
The Priceline Group sees Q4 2016 EPS of $12.20-$12.80, versus the consensus of $12.93.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on The Priceline Group (PCLN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
- Kroger (KR) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Comps Miss Views; FY17 EPS Guidance Inline with Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!