Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Sell UK and Ireland Actavis Assets in GBP603M Deal
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: TEVA) today announced that it has agreed to sell assets and operations of Actavis Generics in the UK and Ireland to Accord Healthcare Limited (a subsidiary of Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd) for an agreed value of GBP 603 million, subject to final approval from the European Commission.
The divestment of certain specified Actavis Generics assets and operations in the UK and Ireland was part of an undertaking that Teva made to the European Commission in the context of the review of the acquisition of Actavis Generics by Teva earlier this year. The sale will include a portfolio of generic medicines plus a manufacturing plant in Barnstaple, England. Teva retains a number of Actavis non-overlapping generic products plus certain specialty medicines and OTC (over-the-counter) products, which have been added to Teva’s existing operations.
“The sale has been a success for Teva in that we have satisfied the EU Commission’s sale requirements for these businesses, subject to their final approval, and agreed on a good price for the assets. With the assets that it will retain, Teva will create an even stronger operation in the UK and Ireland,” commented Siggi Olafsson, President & CEO Global Generic Medicines Teva. “Teva is the leading provider of medicines to the UK National Health Service, and the addition of the retained Actavis assets strengthens our ability to be the partner of choice in these countries while preserving strong and healthy competition in a competitive marketplace.”
The transaction is expected to close in the next three months. Greenhill & Co. are serving as financial advisors to Teva, and Pinsent Masons are serving as legal counsel to Teva in respect of this transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
- NJHA Presents Annual 'Healthcare Leader' Awards
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!