Teva Pharma (TEVA) Completes Acquisition of Allergan's Anda
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA) announced that it has completed its acquisition of Anda, Inc., a leading distributor of generic pharmaceuticals in the U.S., from Allergan plc.
“We are pleased that Anda, Inc., one of the leading distributors of generic medicines in the U.S., is now part of Teva. This acquisition reflects our continued view that attractive growth opportunities, both external and organic, exist for our business and for our extensive supply chain network in particular,” said Siggi Olafsson, President & CEO of Global Generic Medicines. “This acquisition enables us and our customers to provide more patients throughout the country with access to generic medicines."
“We are excited to become part of Teva’s distribution network to support our customers and patients across the country,” said Charles D. Phillips, President & CEO of Anda. “By joining forces with Teva, Anda’s product offerings will significantly increase and we will be able to reach more patients in the United States.”
Teva currently has over 300 product registrations pending FDA approval and holds the leading position in first-to-file opportunities, with over 100 pending first-to-files in the U.S. Currently, one-of-every six generic prescriptions dispensed in the U.S. is filled with a Teva product.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Allstate (ALL) Appoints New CIO
- Digi Int'l (DGII) Affirms Receipt of Belden (BDC) Proposal; Says Nothing New in Latest Offer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!