Teva Pharma (TEVA) Announces U.S. Launch of Generic Beyaz
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., (NYSE: TEVA) announced the launch of RAJANI (drospirenone, ethinyl estradiol and levomefolate calcium tablets, 3 mg/0.02 mg/0.451 mg and levomefolate calcium tablets, 0.451 mg) in the United States. RAJANI, the generic equivalent of Beyaz, is an oral contraceptive, available in a 28-day blister pack dispenser, for use by women to:
- prevent pregnancy;
- treat symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) in women choosing to use an oral contraceptive for contraception;
- treat moderate acne for women at least 14 years old if the patient desires an oral contraceptive for birth control; and
- raise folate levels in women who choose to use an oral contraceptive for contraception.
Teva is committed to strengthening its generics business through continued investment in complex, high-quality products. With nearly 600 generic medicines available, Teva has the largest portfolio of FDA-approved generic products on the market. This product enhances Teva’s already comprehensive oral contraceptive portfolio.
Teva has over 300 product registrations pending FDA approval and holds the leading position in first-to-file opportunities, with over 100 pending first-to-files in the U.S. Currently, one in six generic prescriptions dispensed in the U.S. is filled with a Teva generic product.
Beyaz® had annual sales of approximately $133 million in the U.S., according to IMS data as of July 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral
- Medtronic (MDT) Announces Receipt of FDA 510(k) Clearance for HawkOne DAS
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Announces FDA Acceptance of Resubmitted NDA for SD-809 for Treatment of Chorea Associated with HD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!