Tetra Tech (TTEK) Awarded $47M USAID Contract
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tetra Tech, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTEK) announced today that the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has awarded the Company a $47 million, single-award contract to provide assistance to improve the legal and policy framework governing municipalities in the West Bank and Gaza. Under the five-year Communities Thrive contract, Tetra Tech will support local governments as they work to improve the delivery of essential services with the ultimate goal of establishing the financial sustainability of Palestinian municipalities.
Local governments in the West Bank and Gaza face many challenges in meeting their communities’ needs due to various factors. Under the Communities Thrive contract, Tetra Tech will work with local governments to develop processes and mechanisms to improve service delivery and enhance their responsiveness to constituent concerns. In addition to supporting policy reform and improved practices, areas of focus may include upgrading water meters to reduce financial and water losses, analyzing and adapting energy-efficient options, and implementing cost-effective tariffs to fund initial and longer-term project needs.
“Tetra Tech is pleased to support USAID’s efforts in the West Bank and Gaza to improve local government delivery of essential water and energy services to communities in need,” said Dan Batrack, Tetra Tech Chairman and CEO.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!