Tessera Technologies (TSRA) Announces Acquisition of Pelican Imaging Assets
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: TSRA) announced that the Company has acquired the technology assets and substantial patent portfolio of Pelican Imaging Corporation, a privately held inventor of depth-sensing multi-camera imaging technologies for mobile, drones, automotive, and AR/VR devices. Pelican’s advanced imaging solutions provide pixel-level 3D depth information. It delivers post-capture image refocus, focus on multiple subjects, and depth measurement capabilities.
The addition of Pelican’s advanced imaging technologies will enable Tessera, through its FotoNation subsidiary, to accelerate development of new, high performance, low power computational imaging solutions for use in next generation applications and devices.
“This acquisition shows our commitment to further invest in strategically building our growing portfolio of multi-camera and smart imaging solutions,” said Tom Lacey, CEO of Tessera. “We will integrate Pelican’s advanced imaging technologies and engineering talent with FotoNation, to accelerate the development of deeper and more feature-rich solutions to capitalize on the growing demand for these technologies.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- AstraZeneca (AZN), Acerta Announce Prelim. Acalabrutinib Phase 1/2 Data in CLL; Median PFS Not Yet Met
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!