Tessera Technologies (TSRA) Announces Acquisition of Pelican Imaging Assets
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: TSRA) announced that the Company has acquired the technology assets and substantial patent portfolio of Pelican Imaging Corporation, a privately held inventor of depth-sensing multi-camera imaging technologies for mobile, drones, automotive, and AR/VR devices. Pelican’s advanced imaging solutions provide pixel-level 3D depth information. It delivers post-capture image refocus, focus on multiple subjects, and depth measurement capabilities.
The addition of Pelican’s advanced imaging technologies will enable Tessera, through its FotoNation subsidiary, to accelerate development of new, high performance, low power computational imaging solutions for use in next generation applications and devices.
“This acquisition shows our commitment to further invest in strategically building our growing portfolio of multi-camera and smart imaging solutions,” said Tom Lacey, CEO of Tessera. “We will integrate Pelican’s advanced imaging technologies and engineering talent with FotoNation, to accelerate the development of deeper and more feature-rich solutions to capitalize on the growing demand for these technologies.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!