Tesla (TSLA) Still Plans 2017 Model 3 Deliveries
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 18, 2016 1:37 PM EDT)
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) shares were volatile mid-day Tuesday after traders took notice that the company stretched out the delivery promise for the Model 3. The change on its website notes new Model 3 reservations will be delivered in mid 2018 or later. Prior delivery estimates were 2017.
In an e-mail to StreetInsider.com, Tesla said the update doesn’t reflect any change in its plans and they still plan to begin Model 3 deliveries in 2017.
"For your background, today's website update doesn’t reflect any change in our plans," a Tesla spokesperson said. "We still plan to begin Model 3 deliveries in 2017, and we adjusted the date on our marketing page to reflect more accurate timing for new/future reservation holders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Names Chris Lattner as Vice President of Autopilot Software
- Most active options: BAC FB AAPL JPM NFLX AMZN WFC FEYE FCX GS C RAD TSLA P GOOGL NVDA GME MS AIG
- EPA Deifies Carmakers by Keeping Greenhouse Gas Standards Intact - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!