Tesla (TSLA) Adds 100-kWh Battery Option Pack to Model S and Model X
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 23, 2016 3:39 PM EDT)
Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) adds 100-kWh battery pack to Model S and Model X.
The Model S P100D Ludicrous 0 - 60MPH time is 2.5 seconds, down from 2.8 seconds. The range on the vehicle is extended to 315 miles. The new range is up from 294 miles with the 90-kWh batter.
The Model X 100-kWh option has a range of 289 miles, versus 250 miles with the 90-kWh battery.
Other upgrades were made to the wiring harness and other areas.
Highway passing speeds will see a notable improvement, as it has been one of the lacking performance areas for the Model S and Model X.
The Model S P100D will start at $134,500, which is an increase of $9,500 from the P90D. The Model X with the 100-kWh battery will start at $135,500.
Initial production will be limited to 200 packs per week.
UPDATE - The following was posted to Tesla's blog on Tuesday:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) volatility elevated as shares trade below $200
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) CEO Musk: Today's Announcement Alludes to Part 2 of Model 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!