Tesla (TSLA) Adds 100-kWh Battery Option Pack to Model S and Model X
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 23, 2016 3:39 PM EDT)
Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) adds 100-kWh battery pack to Model S and Model X.
The Model S P100D Ludicrous 0 - 60MPH time is 2.5 seconds, down from 2.8 seconds. The range on the vehicle is extended to 315 miles. The new range is up from 294 miles with the 90-kWh batter.
The Model X 100-kWh option has a range of 289 miles, versus 250 miles with the 90-kWh battery.
Other upgrades were made to the wiring harness and other areas.
Highway passing speeds will see a notable improvement, as it has been one of the lacking performance areas for the Model S and Model X.
The Model S P100D will start at $134,500, which is an increase of $9,500 from the P90D. The Model X with the 100-kWh battery will start at $135,500.
Initial production will be limited to 200 packs per week.
UPDATE - The following was posted to Tesla's blog on Tuesday:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Updates Model on Tesla (TSLA) Ahead of Anticipated Reporting Changes
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- HNA Group to Acquire 25% Stake in Hilton Worldwide (HLT) from Blackstone (BX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!