Telus (TU), Telecommunications Workers Union Enter Tentative Agreement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TELUS (NYSE: TU) and the Telecommunications Workers Union, United Steelworkers Local 1944 (TWU) have agreed to the terms of a tentative collective agreement, covering approximately 10,800 TELUS employees nationally.
The TWU has confirmed that it will present the tentative agreement to its membership in the coming weeks.
If ratified, the new five-year agreement will take effect later this year and expire on December 31, 2021.
"The TELUS and TWU negotiations teams have worked together to reach a fair agreement that effectively balances the needs of our team members, customers and shareholders," said Darren Entwistle, President and CEO of TELUS.
"We are optimistic our frontline team members will agree and will vote in favour of the contract," Mr. Entwistle added. "A ratified agreement will enable our team to continue supporting the progression of our growth strategy and focusing on our number one priority to deliver on TELUS' Future Friendly brand promise by putting customers first."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Callidus Software, Inc. (CALD) Names Nina Richardson to Board of Directors
- Delcath Systems (DCTH) Says New Outcomes Using Melphalan/HDS to Treat Unresectable Metastatic Ocular Melanoma Accepted for Oral Presentation
- Salem Media Group (SALM) Acquires ChristianConcertAlerts.com
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!