Telus (TU), Telecommunications Workers Union Enter Tentative Agreement
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TELUS (NYSE: TU) and the Telecommunications Workers Union, United Steelworkers Local 1944 (TWU) have agreed to the terms of a tentative collective agreement, covering approximately 10,800 TELUS employees nationally.
The TWU has confirmed that it will present the tentative agreement to its membership in the coming weeks.
If ratified, the new five-year agreement will take effect later this year and expire on December 31, 2021.
"The TELUS and TWU negotiations teams have worked together to reach a fair agreement that effectively balances the needs of our team members, customers and shareholders," said Darren Entwistle, President and CEO of TELUS.
"We are optimistic our frontline team members will agree and will vote in favour of the contract," Mr. Entwistle added. "A ratified agreement will enable our team to continue supporting the progression of our growth strategy and focusing on our number one priority to deliver on TELUS' Future Friendly brand promise by putting customers first."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
- Invivo Therapeutics (NVIV) CFO McAllister Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!