Teck Resources (TCK) Enters Agreement to Acquire Teena/Reward Zinc Project
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Teck Resources Limited (NYSE: TCK) announced that a wholly owned subsidiary has exercised a right of first refusal to acquire the 49% interest held by Rox Resources Limited in the Teena/Reward zinc project, which is already subject to Teck's right to earn an additional 19% interest. The consideration will consist of AUD$10.6 million in cash (or AUD$8.0 million in cash and AUD$3.6 million in freely trading securities) payable on closing, a three year AUD$5.25 million interest bearing promissory note, and a further AUD$3.75 million in cash payable on the earlier of six years from the closing date or completion of a bankable feasibility study for the project. Closing of the transaction is subject to customary conditions, including definitive documentation. On closing, Teck will hold a 100% interest in the Teena project.
Teena is located 8 kilometres west of Glencore's MacArthur River Mine in the Northern Territory of Australia, within one of the world's premier zinc provinces. Teck's subsidiary optioned the property from Rox in 2011 and discovered Teena in 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!