Teck Resources (TCK) Enters Agreement to Acquire Teena/Reward Zinc Project
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Teck Resources Limited (NYSE: TCK) announced that a wholly owned subsidiary has exercised a right of first refusal to acquire the 49% interest held by Rox Resources Limited in the Teena/Reward zinc project, which is already subject to Teck's right to earn an additional 19% interest. The consideration will consist of AUD$10.6 million in cash (or AUD$8.0 million in cash and AUD$3.6 million in freely trading securities) payable on closing, a three year AUD$5.25 million interest bearing promissory note, and a further AUD$3.75 million in cash payable on the earlier of six years from the closing date or completion of a bankable feasibility study for the project. Closing of the transaction is subject to customary conditions, including definitive documentation. On closing, Teck will hold a 100% interest in the Teena project.
Teena is located 8 kilometres west of Glencore's MacArthur River Mine in the Northern Territory of Australia, within one of the world's premier zinc provinces. Teck's subsidiary optioned the property from Rox in 2011 and discovered Teena in 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Apiary
- PharmAthene (PIP), Altimmune to Merge in All-Stock Transaction
- PPG Industries (PPG) Names Vincent Morales to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!