Teck Resources (TCK) Enters Agreement to Acquire Teena/Reward Zinc Project
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Teck Resources Limited (NYSE: TCK) announced that a wholly owned subsidiary has exercised a right of first refusal to acquire the 49% interest held by Rox Resources Limited in the Teena/Reward zinc project, which is already subject to Teck's right to earn an additional 19% interest. The consideration will consist of AUD$10.6 million in cash (or AUD$8.0 million in cash and AUD$3.6 million in freely trading securities) payable on closing, a three year AUD$5.25 million interest bearing promissory note, and a further AUD$3.75 million in cash payable on the earlier of six years from the closing date or completion of a bankable feasibility study for the project. Closing of the transaction is subject to customary conditions, including definitive documentation. On closing, Teck will hold a 100% interest in the Teena project.
Teena is located 8 kilometres west of Glencore's MacArthur River Mine in the Northern Territory of Australia, within one of the world's premier zinc provinces. Teck's subsidiary optioned the property from Rox in 2011 and discovered Teena in 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Acxiom's (ACXM) LiveRamp Closes Arbor and Circulate ACquisitions
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!