TeamHealth Holdings (TMH) Announces Two Acquisitions
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TeamHealth Holdings Inc. (NYSE: TMH) acquired Anesthesia Associates of Cincinnati (AAC) and Pain Management Associates (PMA), one of the largest interventional pain medicine practices in the region. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, AAC provides anesthesiology staffing at two hospitals, The Christ Hospital and TriHealth Evendale Hospital, and four ambulatory surgery centers, supporting a full array of surgical specialties, including cardiac, neurological and obstetric care. This new relationship is expected to add more than 43,000 annual anesthesia cases to TeamHealth's existing anesthesia operations. TeamHealth currently provides emergency department staffing and management services for The Christ Hospital, and this association with AAC will allow for additional coordination of care opportunities in these critical hospital-based clinical specialties.
"For more than 50 years, Anesthesia Associates of Cincinnati has provided patients with exceptional care in inpatient and outpatient settings," said Mark Manley, MD, president of AAC and PMA. "Joining TeamHealth will provide us with a robust infrastructure to better serve our hospital partners, ambulatory surgery centers and affiliated clinicians as we continue delivering excellent care to our patients and their families."
"We are very pleased the talented physicians and certified registered nurse anesthetists of Anesthesia Associates of Cincinnati will be joining TeamHealth," said Michael D. Snow, president and CEO of TeamHealth. "We look forward to continuing to grow our anesthesia service line and expanding our service to patients and their families in the Cincinnati area."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) Says It's in Discussions on Acquisition of Novel Cancer Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!