TeamHealth Holdings (TMH) Announces Acquisition of EmMed, PC
- Futures up after Clinton seen winner in first debate
- Oil prices slip as hopes for a deal in Algiers fade
- Mexican and Canadian currencies rise, investors feel Clinton won debate
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Analyst That Covers Both Disney (DIS) and Twitter (TWTR) Warns Disney NOT to Do It
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TeamHealth Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: TMH), a leading physician services organization, announced the acquisition of the provider operations of EmMed, PC. Based in Bay City, Michigan, EmMed, PC provides care to approximately 44,000 patients each year through staffing and management of the emergency department at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital.
"In the changing and dynamic healthcare landscape, TeamHealth will provide the resources and support that we need to continue delivering excellent care to patients and their families at McLaren Bay Regional Hospital," said Kenneth Parsons, MD, president of EmMed, PC. "We are excited to partner with TeamHealth—an organization that offers a like-minded, physician-centric culture."
"TeamHealth's strategy is to grow our business through partnerships with quality physician groups, and we are pleased to welcome the physicians and other clinicians of EmMed, PC to TeamHealth," said Lynn Massingale, MD, co-founder and executive chairman of TeamHealth. "EmMed, PC's clinicians are committed to providing exceptional service to our hospital partner and delivering the highest quality care for patients and their families."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- ProNAi Therapeutics (DNAI) Obtains PNT737 Development, Commercialization Rights
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces KYPROLIS Phase 3 CLARION Trial Missed Primary Endpoint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!