Taro Pharma (TARO) Names New Interim CEO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TARO) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Abhay Gandhi to the position of Interim Chief Executive Officer, effective January 1, 2017. As previously announced, the Interim CEO will serve in this role during the period from Mr. Kal Sundaram’s departure at the end of this year until the arrival in April 2017 of Mr. Uday Baldota, Taro’s recently appointed CEO.
Mr. Gandhi currently serves as the CEO of the Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (“Sun Pharma”) North America operations, a position he succeeded from Mr. Sundaram. Taro’s Board of Directors has also nominated Mr. Gandhi to its Board.
Prior to joining Sun Pharma’s North America business, Mr. Gandhi held several leadership positions within Sun Pharma over the last 20 years, including most recently, as CEO of its India business where he was responsible for India operations as well as certain international markets, including sales & marketing, integration efforts, business development, portfolio management and other allied functions. His leadership enabled the India business to grow more than three-fold in revenue within a short span of three years.
Taro’s Chairman, Mr. Dilip Shanghvi noted: “The Taro Board is confident that Mr. Gandhi will serve Taro and its stakeholders well during this interim period.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!