Taro Pharma (TARO) Names New Interim CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TARO) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Abhay Gandhi to the position of Interim Chief Executive Officer, effective January 1, 2017. As previously announced, the Interim CEO will serve in this role during the period from Mr. Kal Sundaram’s departure at the end of this year until the arrival in April 2017 of Mr. Uday Baldota, Taro’s recently appointed CEO.
Mr. Gandhi currently serves as the CEO of the Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (“Sun Pharma”) North America operations, a position he succeeded from Mr. Sundaram. Taro’s Board of Directors has also nominated Mr. Gandhi to its Board.
Prior to joining Sun Pharma’s North America business, Mr. Gandhi held several leadership positions within Sun Pharma over the last 20 years, including most recently, as CEO of its India business where he was responsible for India operations as well as certain international markets, including sales & marketing, integration efforts, business development, portfolio management and other allied functions. His leadership enabled the India business to grow more than three-fold in revenue within a short span of three years.
Taro’s Chairman, Mr. Dilip Shanghvi noted: “The Taro Board is confident that Mr. Gandhi will serve Taro and its stakeholders well during this interim period.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot Mgmt Changes, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!