TRACON Pharmaceutical (TCON) Successfully Completes End-of-Phase 2 Meeting with FDA and EMA for TRC105
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TRACON Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: TCON) announced the successful completion of an End-of-Phase 2 meeting with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and a Protocol Assistance Meeting with the European Medicines Agency (EMA). TRACON reached agreement with both regulatory agencies regarding key elements of the Phase 3 program for TRC105 in angiosarcoma and expects to initiate enrollment in the Phase 3 study by year-end.
“We appreciate the valuable discussions and guidance from our End-of-Phase 2 discussion with FDA and Protocol Assistance Meeting with EMA, and are confident that we have a robust design for TRC105’s first Phase 3 trial,” said Charles Theuer, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO. “With the successful completion of the regulatory meetings, we are focused on advancing TRC105 as the first potential therapeutic specifically for the treatment of angiosarcoma, an ultra-orphan indication with a high unmet need. We look forward to initiating our Phase 3 program before the end of the year.”
End-of-Phase 2 Meetings and Phase 3 Study Design
The U.S. and European regulators separately determined the acceptability of the following key aspects of the proposed Phase 3 randomized trial:
- One-to-one randomized trial of TRC105 in combination with Votrient® (pazopanib) versus Votrient alone.
- A planned total enrollment of 124 patients with an adaptive design based on an interim analysis that allows for sample size re-estimation up to a maximum of 200 patients, as well as enrichment of more responsive patients based on the subtype of angiosarcoma, visceral or cutaneous.
- Primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS) with overall survival (OS) as a secondary endpoint.
- Open label format with independent blinded assessment of endpoint data.
- Eligible patients will be stratified by treatment naive versus greater than one prior cancer therapy and will not have received a prior VEGF inhibitor.
- The trial will provide at least 80% power to determine an improvement in median PFS from 4.0 to 7.3 months using a two-tailed alpha of 0.05.
TRACON intends to submit the proposed protocol for special protocol assessment to FDA later this year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Announces New Data Analysis from Phase 2b Trial
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Announces Positive Top-Line Results from First Phase 3 Trial of Plecanatide
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!