TRACON Pharmaceutical (TCON) Makes Presentations at AASLD Meeting; Includes Endoglin Antibody Data
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TRACON Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: TCON) presented data at the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) Annual Meeting, taking place November 11-15 in Boston, MA.
Preclinical data were presented from two separate liver fibrosis models in a poster presentation entitled, “Endoglin Antibody Reduces the NAFLD Activity Score in the STAM Model of NASH and Reduces Liver Fibrosis Following Carbon Tetrachloride Treatment.” Highlights include:
- Treatment with an endoglin antibody significantly decreased the percentage of the liver fibrosis area induced by carbon tetrachloride. A group of mice treated with endoglin antibody demonstrated lower collagen deposition with less frequent formation of bridging fibrosis than the isotype-matched and disease control groups.
- Treatment with endoglin antibodies significantly reduced the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) activity score (NAS) in a model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), known as the STAMTM model. Endoglin antibodies demonstrated hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic effects. In addition, an endoglin antibody that competitively inhibited bone morphogenic protein (BMP) binding to endoglin more effectively reduced the NAS, suggesting that inhibition of BMP function is an important mechanism of action of endoglin antibodies in models of fibrosis.
The poster also highlighted a marked reduction in cutaneous neurofibromatosis in a sarcoma patient following dosing with TRACON’s TRC105 and Votrient® (pazopanib) in a Phase 2 clinical trial, suggesting the potential of an endoglin antibody as an effective treatment for patients with fibrosis.
The poster is available on TRACON’s website at www.traconpharma.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Omeros (OMER) Presents Positive Results from OMS721 Phase 2 in HSCT-TMA
- Illumina (ILMN) Names New CFO
- Merck (MRK) Announces Positive HRQoL Data from KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-024 Study
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!