TEGNA (TGNA) Restarts $825M Stock Buyback Program
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) announced that its Board of Directors has approved a re-activation of share repurchases under the company’s share buyback program. Share repurchases under the $825 million program, approved by the Board in 2015, had been temporarily suspended in connection with the announcement of the planned spin-off of Cars.com on September 7, 2016. Approximately $478 million remains available under the buyback program, which expires in June 2018. The timing and amount of any share repurchases will depend on, among other things, market conditions, the status of the review by the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Cars.com registration statement filed in connection with the proposed spin-off and applicable legal requirements.
Gracia Martore, president and chief executive officer of TEGNA said, “The re-activation of share repurchase activities reflects TEGNA’s ongoing strong operational and financial performance and the Board’s confidence in our ability to maintain current cash flow levels and allocate capital strategically.”
Martore continued, “At current market prices, we believe TEGNA’s stock is undervalued and represents a strong investment opportunity. As we make progress on our plans to spin-off Cars.com, we will continue to take a thoughtful and disciplined approach and will evaluate any stock repurchases through the lens of maximizing value for our shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- CSS Industries (CSS) Names John Roselli as CFO
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!