TD Securities Announces Acquisition of Albert Fried & Company
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TD Securities U.S. continues to advance its U.S growth strategy and today announced the acquisition of Albert Fried & Company (AF&Co), an established New York-based broker-dealer.
The purchase of AF&Co's services and capabilities, which include self-clearing, securities lending and a prime brokerage technology platform in its final stages of development, is expected to help drive TD Securities' long-term, profitable U.S. growth.
"Acquiring U.S. clearing and a technology platform enhances our capabilities and lays a solid foundation for us to integrate prime brokerage into our client service offering and expand our U.S. business," said Glenn Gibson, SVP & Vice Chair, TD Securities U.S. "Our plan is to complete the technology platform development with the aim to be fully operational in the prime brokerage business in 2017."
As a leader in the Canadian prime brokerage market, TD Securities will leverage its expertise and is backed by its superior client service and the Toronto-Dominion Bank Aa1 (Moody's) credit rating and strong balance sheet.
"We continue to demonstrate our commitment to enhancing our U.S. footprint and building an integrated dealer to better serve the market," said Gibson. "When some global banks are scaling back, we're growing amidst industry changes, forming efficient infrastructures to deliver a global one-stop shop for clients, all within our risk appetite."
"Finding a strong cultural fit was crucial to our decision," said Albert Fried Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Albert Fried & Company. "We're proud of our 97-year history of strong customer service and value TD Securities' client-centric approach and focus on delivering best-in-class products and services."
The U.S. prime brokerage business will be led by David Santina, Managing Director, Equities, TD Securities.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!