TASER's (TASR) Axon Unit Debuts New Flex 2 Camera
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Axon, a business unit of TASER International (Nasdaq: TASR), announced its next generation point-of-view body camera, Axon Flex 2. The successor to TASER's groundbreaking original Axon Flex body-worn camera, Flex 2 features a number of compelling improvements over its predecessor:
- Breakthrough Flexibility: With a host of advanced new mounting options, Flex 2 increases retention strength by over 300% while maintaining the flexibility for easy, rapid repositioning between mounts. New cable management systems ensure continuous connections for enhanced reliability.
- Solid-Core Durability: The first of its kind, the polymer casing of the Flex 2 is fused into a solid one-piece design fully encasing the electronics from weather, shock and even the occasional run-over by a vehicle. The polymer casing forms an armored layer of protection against even the roughest environments.
- Wider Perspective: Flex 2 enhances field-of-view from 75 to 120 degrees - allowing users to capture even more and gain a fuller perspective.
- HD Retina Low Light Video with Dual-Channel Audio: Flex 2 offers video resolution from 480p to 1080p further refining its industry leading Retina Low Light video performance. The Stereo Digital Mic records audio in two channels: one optimized for voice and the second set to the environment for improved audio evidence capture.
- Automatic Activation: Axon Signal allows camera activation from TASER Weapons, in-car systems and a growing ecosystem of Signal triggers.
- Mobile Applications: Flex 2 uses both Bluetooth technology and Wi-Fi to optimize wireless communications for mobile apps on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile that allow mobile viewing, tagging and off load of videos with Axon View and Axon Capture.
- Full Shift Buffer with Configurable Pre-event Settings: Pre-event buffer of 0–120 seconds, configurable by agency in 30-second increments.
"Officers around the country have placed their trust in the Axon Flex camera since we launched it in 2012," said TASER CEO and co-founder, Rick Smith. "When it came time to innovate a new device, our guiding principle was a desire to continue improving the reliability and performance of this mission critical equipment. Hence the refined mounting systems, the hardened durability, and the refined audio and video. We value the confidence that officers place in our equipment - and we are excited to take their performance to a new level with Axon Flex 2."
TASER will start initial shipments of the Axon Flex 2 in December 2016 with full production beginning in Q1 2017. For additional specs and pre-order information visit: http://axon.io/products/flex2
TASER will be showcasing Axon Flex 2 at this year's International Association of Chiefs of Police annual conference in San Diego, CA. Visit booth #2239 to experience the latest in body-worn video technology.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. Combined with a growing array of cloud-based mobile applications, Flex 2 will function as the capstone of an end-to-end solution designed to manage evidence from capture to courtroom. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing and includes CAD and RMS integration as well as redaction and transcription tools that help officers reduce time spent on administrative work
- Prosecutor Platform - Our Interagency Case Sharing feature allows Prosecutors to receive evidence from all of the Law Enforcement Agencies in their jurisdiction and manage that data in their own Evidence.com agency
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brixmor Property Group (BRX) Names New Board Member
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- Sientra (SIEN) Announces FDA Approval of New Silicone Breast Implant Styles, Sizes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!