TASER Int'l (TASR) Announces Purchase of 1,500 Axon Body 2 Cameras by Cincinnati PD
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Axon, a business unit of TASER International (Nasdaq: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, announced the purchase of 1,050 Axon Body 2 cameras by the Cincinnati Police Department (CPD). CPD secured TASER's first seven-year subscription to the Axon cloud solution, Evidence.com, to help store, manage and share data from the body cameras and other digital evidence sources. The order was received in the third quarter of 2016 and is expected to ship in phases through May 2017. The department plans to have 700 cameras deployed by the end of 2016.
To date, more than 95,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps - Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PhaZZer Says USPTO Rejects All TASER Int'l (TASR) '262 Patent Claims
- Bunge Limited (BG) Names Thomas Boehlert CFO
- Phillips 66 (PSX) Sees 2017 Capital Budget of $2.7B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!