TASER Int'l (TASR) Announces Atlanta Police Purchase 1,015 Axon Body Cameras and Unlimited Storage
- Wall Street falls sharply on worries about banks
- Some Deutsche Bank (DB) Clients Said to Reduce Collateral on Trades
- Qualcomm (QCOM) in Talks to Acquire NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) - DJ
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced the purchase of 1,015 Axon Flex and Body 2 cameras by the Atlanta Police Department (APD). APD secured a five-year unlimited subscription to the Axon cloud solution, Evidence.com, to help store, manage and share data from the body cameras and other digital evidence sources. The order was received in the third quarter of 2016 and the agency has requested an eight-month staged deployment starting in 2017.
"With Atlanta on board, our Axon solution has now been selected by more than fifty percent of major cities in the U.S. That means that more than thirty of the country's largest agencies have seen the potential in our solution for making police work smarter and communities safer," said TASER CEO and Co-Founder Rick Smith. "We're deeply excited to be working alongside Atlanta PD to ensure a successful body camera rollout and provide them with an innovative solution for evidence management."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Deploys 1604 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Enbridge (ENB) to Sell South Prairie Region Assets in CAD$1.08B Deal
- Threshold Pharma (THLD) Says Two Studies Didn't Meet Activity Thresholds, Plans Workforce Reduction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!