TASER Int'l (TASR) Announces Atlanta Police Purchase 1,015 Axon Body Cameras and Unlimited Storage
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced the purchase of 1,015 Axon Flex and Body 2 cameras by the Atlanta Police Department (APD). APD secured a five-year unlimited subscription to the Axon cloud solution, Evidence.com, to help store, manage and share data from the body cameras and other digital evidence sources. The order was received in the third quarter of 2016 and the agency has requested an eight-month staged deployment starting in 2017.
"With Atlanta on board, our Axon solution has now been selected by more than fifty percent of major cities in the U.S. That means that more than thirty of the country's largest agencies have seen the potential in our solution for making police work smarter and communities safer," said TASER CEO and Co-Founder Rick Smith. "We're deeply excited to be working alongside Atlanta PD to ensure a successful body camera rollout and provide them with an innovative solution for evidence management."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) Prelim. Q3 Results Miss Expectations
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Boeing (BA) Reports Five New Orders Since Last Update