TASER Int'l (TASR) Announces 900 TASER X2 Unit Order from Kentucky State Police
- Wall St dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) today announced the receipt of an order for a total of 900 TASER® X2™ Smart Weapons for the Kentucky State Police. The order is an upgrade of older TASER weapons to the new X2 Smart Weapon using the new TASER 60 annual payment plan that provides warranties and on-site spare equipment for these devices throughout the five-year period. The order for 900 units was received and shipped in the third quarter of 2016.
"We believe the Kentucky State Patrol is making an important move toward a world where every officer has the best technology and training to minimize the chances of a deadly encounter," says Rick Smith, CEO and co-founder of TASER International. "Using our TASER 60 plan provides a new, cleaner alternative for allowing Smart Weapons to be a budgetary line item providing better financial visibility. It also fulfills our mission to make a TASER CEW available to every officer, so they have the best options available to avoid injury or death," concluded Smith.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Agrees to Abandon Noncompetitive Pay-for-Delay in Settlement with FTC
- Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Names Jocelyn Wong as CMO as Marci Grebstein Leaves
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!