T2 Biosystems (TTOO) Announces $40M Private Placement with Canon U.S.A
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
T2 Biosystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTOO) announced the purchase by Canon U.S.A., of approximately $40 million of the company’s stock in a private placement. The shares were purchased at $6.56, the closing market price of Tuesday, September 20, 2016. With this investment, Canon owns 19.9 percent of T2 Biosystems and Canon’s chief administrative officer and general counsel, Seymour Liebman has joined the company’s board of directors. This private placement closed on September 21, 2016.
“We are pleased to have the strong backing of our committed partner Canon – with whom we have been collaborating on Lyme disease product development since February of 2015,” said John McDonough, chief executive officer of T2 Biosystems. “Importantly, this financing puts us in a solid position to continue to grow the business, including furthering our launch of the T2Bacteria™ Panel into the market in 2017 and beyond. We expect the T2Bacteria Panel to be a critical catalyst for our overall sepsis commercial efforts, and we remain on track to submit our application for marketing clearance to the FDA by mid-2017.”
"Working closely with T2 Biosystems in the development of the Lyme disease diagnostic panel, we have come to appreciate the capabilities of its innovative diagnostic solutions,” said Joe Adachi, chairman and CEO, Canon U.S.A. “We are pleased to extend our relationship with T2 Biosystems and look forward to working together in the future.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microvision (MVIS) Announces $17M Stock Purchase Agreement Lincoln Park Capital Fund
- Flowserve (FLS) Affirms CEO Blinn Retirement Plans
- Consolidated-Tomoka Land (CTO) Acquires 0.91 Acres in Dallas, Texas for Approximately $14.9M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!