T2 Biosystems (TTOO) Announces $40M Private Placement with Canon U.S.A
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
T2 Biosystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTOO) announced the purchase by Canon U.S.A., of approximately $40 million of the company’s stock in a private placement. The shares were purchased at $6.56, the closing market price of Tuesday, September 20, 2016. With this investment, Canon owns 19.9 percent of T2 Biosystems and Canon’s chief administrative officer and general counsel, Seymour Liebman has joined the company’s board of directors. This private placement closed on September 21, 2016.
“We are pleased to have the strong backing of our committed partner Canon – with whom we have been collaborating on Lyme disease product development since February of 2015,” said John McDonough, chief executive officer of T2 Biosystems. “Importantly, this financing puts us in a solid position to continue to grow the business, including furthering our launch of the T2Bacteria™ Panel into the market in 2017 and beyond. We expect the T2Bacteria Panel to be a critical catalyst for our overall sepsis commercial efforts, and we remain on track to submit our application for marketing clearance to the FDA by mid-2017.”
"Working closely with T2 Biosystems in the development of the Lyme disease diagnostic panel, we have come to appreciate the capabilities of its innovative diagnostic solutions,” said Joe Adachi, chairman and CEO, Canon U.S.A. “We are pleased to extend our relationship with T2 Biosystems and look forward to working together in the future.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lakeland Bancorp (LBAI) Plans At-the-Market Offering of Common Stock
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!