Synthetic Biologics (SYN) Completes SYN-004 Phase 2b Enrollment
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Synthetic Biologics, Inc. (NYSE: SYN) announced that following the completion of a previously planned interim analysis by an independent Interim Analysis Committee (IAC), enrollment has been completed in its Phase 2b randomized, placebo-controlled, proof-of-concept clinical trial for SYN-004 (ribaxamase).
Following a closed session with the IAC in which the Company remained blinded to the study data, a recommendation was given to continue the study per protocol without modification and no safety issues were identified. Successful enrollment of 413 patients has occurred exceeding the desired sample size of 372 patients outlined per the study protocol. All ongoing patients are expected to continue through the follow-up period in order to complete the study. The Company anticipates announcing top-line results during the first quarter of 2017.
"The completion of enrollment in our Phase 2b proof-of-concept study for ribaxamase represents a critical milestone for the company and one that exhibits our continued focus of moving our innovative approach to preventing CDI, AAD and antibiotic resistance into late-stage clinical development," said Jeffrey Riley, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We would like to thank the patients and clinical sites that are participating in this study as well as our colleagues for their commitment and dedication to this important and potentially groundbreaking clinical trial. We look forward to announcing top-line results during the first quarter of 2017."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teligent (TLGT) Announces Health Canada Approves First Teligent Topical Product
- Mylan (MYL) Announces U.S. Launch of Generic Fortamet Tabs
- Langley Holdings to Acquire Substantially All Assets of Active Power (ACPW) Under New Asset Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!