Synthetic Biologics (SYN) Completes SYN-004 Phase 2b Enrollment
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Synthetic Biologics, Inc. (NYSE: SYN) announced that following the completion of a previously planned interim analysis by an independent Interim Analysis Committee (IAC), enrollment has been completed in its Phase 2b randomized, placebo-controlled, proof-of-concept clinical trial for SYN-004 (ribaxamase).
Following a closed session with the IAC in which the Company remained blinded to the study data, a recommendation was given to continue the study per protocol without modification and no safety issues were identified. Successful enrollment of 413 patients has occurred exceeding the desired sample size of 372 patients outlined per the study protocol. All ongoing patients are expected to continue through the follow-up period in order to complete the study. The Company anticipates announcing top-line results during the first quarter of 2017.
"The completion of enrollment in our Phase 2b proof-of-concept study for ribaxamase represents a critical milestone for the company and one that exhibits our continued focus of moving our innovative approach to preventing CDI, AAD and antibiotic resistance into late-stage clinical development," said Jeffrey Riley, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We would like to thank the patients and clinical sites that are participating in this study as well as our colleagues for their commitment and dedication to this important and potentially groundbreaking clinical trial. We look forward to announcing top-line results during the first quarter of 2017."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Announces Positive Top-Line Results from First Phase 3 Trial of Plecanatide
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!