Synthetic Biologics (SYN) Commences Offering of Common Stock and Warrants
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synthetic Biologics, Inc. (NYSE: SYN), a late-stage clinical company developing therapeutics focused on the gut microbiome, today announced that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of shares of its common stock and warrants to purchase shares of its common stock. The offering is subject to market conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.
Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is acting as the sole book-running manager for the offering.
Synthetic Biologics anticipates using the net proceeds from the offering primarily to provide necessary funding for the continued clinical development of SYN-010, including initiation of its planned Phase 2b/3 clinical trial of SYN-010, and progression of SYN-004 to Phase 2 data readout and initiation of the planned Phase 3 clinical trial for SYN-004. In addition, a portion of the net proceeds may be used for general corporate purposes, which may include, among other things, payment of general and administrative expenses and accounts payable, increasing working capital, funding research and development and clinical trials of Synthetic Biologics' other product candidates and funding capital expenditures. Synthetic Biologics may also use a portion of the net proceeds for licensing or acquiring intellectual property to incorporate into its products and product candidates or its research and development programs, and to in-license, acquire or invest in complementary businesses or products and intellectual property.
The securities described above are being offered by Synthetic Biologics pursuant to a shelf registration statement (File No. 333-206266) that was previously filed with, and declared effective on August 18, 2015, by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Immune Pharma (IMNP) Files 39.77M Share Common Stock Shelf for Selling Shareholders
- GlobalStar (GSAT) to Offer 8M Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesCantor Fitzgerald, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!