Synopsys (SNPS) Replenishes $500M Buyback Authorization
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that its Board of Directors has replenished its existing stock repurchase authorization back to $500 million.
"Synopsys is committed to driving sustainable, long-term value for shareholders," said Trac Pham, chief financial officer of Synopsys. "We are pleased to be in a position to extend our share repurchase program with this new authorization, and will continue to balance return of capital to stockholders, debt reduction and strategic investments to grow the business."
Synopsys' Board of Directors originally approved the stock repurchase program in 2002 and has periodically replenished the program as funds are spent. The program does not obligate Synopsys to acquire any particular amount of common stock, and the program may be suspended or terminated at any time at Synopsys' discretion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teekay Offshore Partners (TOO) Says CEO, CFO Peter Evensen to Retire
- The First Of Long Island (FLIC) Announces Three-for-Two Common Stock Split
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!