SurModics (SRDX) Announces Release of New Serene Solutions
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Surmodics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRDX) nnounced the launch of a single-coat formulation of its most advanced hydrophilic medical device coating, Serene solutions. Specifically formulated for individual medical device applications, Serene Single-Coat (SC) solutions allow manufacturers to leverage their legacy coating process to apply this surface treatment.
Surmodics’ Serene coatings help device manufacturers meet the challenge of achieving the right balance of lubricity (reduction in friction) and durability for intravascular products. Surmodics continues to lead the way with significant advances in coating formulations, achieving low friction and low-particulate generation with the latest formulation of Serene SC coating, that meet manufacturer’s current processes to accelerate development and meet customer needs.
“With regulatory attention increasingly focused on lowering particulates, we’ve experienced quick adoption of Serene coatings among manufacturers already equipped for a two-coat process,” said Gary Maharaj, president and chief executive officer. “Serene SC solutions will broaden the range of medical device companies able to benefit from the unmatched lubricity and durability this product family provides.”
Hydrophilic coatings continue to be a critical design input to help medical devices navigate tortuous vascular pathways. Hydrophilic coatings reduce risk of damage to blood vessel walls and allow physicians to reach distal treatment sites for procedures for improved therapeutic outcomes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alaska Air Group (ALK) Cleared by DOJ to Acquire Virgin America (VA)
- 3M Co. (MMM) Enters Agreement to Sell HOYA Vision Care Business
- Harman (HAR) Enters Strategic, AR-Focused Partnership with Navdy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!