Support.com (SPRT) Appoints Rick Bloom Interim President and CEO
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT) today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Rick Bloom, a member of Support.com’s Board of Directors since June 2016, as interim President and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Bloom succeeds Dr. Elizabeth Cholawsky who has resigned her position as Support.com's President and CEO, effective immediately.
"The Board is thankful for Elizabeth’s service to the Company over the past two years," said Josh Schechter, Chairman of the Board. "We understand and support her decision to step down and wish her well in her future endeavors."
"We are pleased that Rick Bloom has agreed to step into the interim President and CEO role," Mr. Schechter added. “Rick brings to the Company deep operating and leadership experience, financial management knowledge and a broad business perspective.”
Dr. Cholawsky said, "It has been an enormous privilege to have led Support.com during this period of important change. As I look ahead to the next chapter in my life, I wish the team great success in the future."
Mr. Bloom is a seasoned operating executive with over twenty-five years of successful financial, operating and board experience. Mr. Bloom has served in a variety of senior leadership roles including that of CEO, President and COO with companies in a wide variety of industries.
“I welcome the opportunity to work more closely with the team at Support.com and I am excited about taking on this new role in the Company,” Mr. Bloom said. “I look forward to working with the entire Support.com community.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
- Chemical Financial (CHFC) Names Jeffrey Tate to Board of Directors
- Endo Int'l (ENDP) Agrees to Abandon Noncompetitive Pay-for-Delay in Settlement with FTC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!